Diamond Jubilee function was held on the 30th November, 2019, at Radisson Blu, Bengaluru. It focused on the conversations and discussions around the theme ‘India as Global R&D hub’.
Chief guest for the day was Prof Radhakrishnan, Chairman BOD, IIT Kanpur, Ex Chairperson ISRO. Keynote address was delivered by Prof Abhay Karandikar (Director IIT Kanpur). Panel discussions were held in the main hall while in parallel 5 Round Table discussions were carried out.
Family members joined Alumni in the evening for the cultural show. The chief guest was Mr Sanjay Sahay, IPS, ADGP Government of Karnataka. Rahul Subramaniam regaled everybody with his stand-up comedy followed with grooving music by Madhyam band. The families danced to their heart content till late night.
Morning Session Conference
- Welcome Address by President AAIITK
- Vision 2025 : IITK by Prof . Abhay Karandikar
- Panel Discussions on following topics
- R&D at IIT Kanpur and the road ahead
- Mission Nobel Prize: Bringing home the Nobel
- Industry R&D trends and collaboration with Academia
- Building a Culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at IIT Kanpur
The theme was 'Driving industry Academia relationships'. Extensive discussions took place on the following topics with interaction between industry experts and IITK faculty.
- Automotive & Manufacturing
- Data Science, Cloud, AI
- Life sciences & sustainability
- 5G, & IoT, Semiconductor
- Future of Education
- Welcome note by Umesh Joshi (President Bangalore Chapter AAIITK)
- Address by Prof. Abhay Karandikar (Director IITK)
- Chief Guest : Mr Sanjay Sahay, IPS, ADGP Government of Karnataka
- IIT K Nostalgia
- Standup Comedy by Rahul Subramaniam
- Live Music : Madhyam Band
- Drinks, Dinner and networking